- We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) about you unless you choose to provide that information to us via filling in an on-site form.
- Non-PII information related to your visit to our website may be automatically collected and temporarily stored.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you browse through our website, we gather and temporarily store technical information about your visit. This information does not identify who you are. The information we collect includes:
- The name of the domain you use to access the Internet;
- The date and time of your visit;
- The pages you visited; and
- The address of the website you came from when you came to visit.
We use this information to improve our website and provide a better user experience for our visitors. We use a tool, Google Analytics, to collect and aggregate this information. This information is available only to web managers and other designated staff who require this information to perform their duties. It is retained only for as long as needed for proper analysis. There is no PII included in this data.
Web Measurement and Customization
We use web measurement and customization technologies, such as cookies, to help our website function better for visitors and to better understand how the public is using our website.
We use two types of cookies on our websites:
- We use session cookies to gather data for technical purposes, such as enabling better navigation through our website and generating aggregated statistics about how the website is used. Session cookies are temporary text files that expire when you leave our website. When cookies expire, they are automatically deleted from your computer. We do not use session cookies to collect PII, and we do not share data collected from session cookies. Our use of session cookies is defined as “Tier 1” usage in accordance with the OMB Memorandum (M)-10-22 Guidance for Online Use of Web Measurement and Customization Technologies.
- We use multi-session cookies, a.k.a. persistent cookies, to customize our website for frequent visitors and to test variations of website design and content. Multi-session cookies are cookies that are stored over more than a single session on your computer. We do not use multi-session cookies to collect PII, and we do not share data collected from multi-session cookies. Our multi-session cookies are set to expire two years after your last visit to our website. After two years, they are automatically deleted from your computer. Our use of multi-session cookies is defined as “Tier 2” usage in accordance with the OMB Memorandum (M)-10-22 Guidance for Online Use of Web Measurement and Customization Technologies.
Automatic Information: When you visit a website, you automatically disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. Like many other websites, the Site may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system you use to access the Site, the date and time you access the Site, the pages you visit, and the addresses of pages from where you followed a link to the Site. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Site, and track user’s movement around the Site. Such information is not linked to any Personally Identifiable Information, with the exception of the IP address which might be used for fraud prevention purposes or to identify spamming attempts.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with our agents, outside vendors or service providers, or others, for any purpose. We may use this information for our own research and commercial purposes to improve the functionality of the Site, troubleshoot, administer the Site, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also disclose this information to our agents, outside vendors or service providers or others to perform functions on our behalf, e.g. analyze data, analyze the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content and programming, or provide marketing assistance.
Personal Information Voluntarily Submitted to This Website
If you choose to provide this website with personal information – for example by completing a “Contact Us” inquiry form, via email, leaving a comment, or completing a survey – we may use that information to respond to your message and/or help us get you the information or services you asked for. Submitting personal information (name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.) is voluntary and is not required to access information on our website.
We do not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about our visitors unless required for law enforcement or by Federal law, or unless you explicitly asked for information by filling in your information on an inquiry form. Should you expressly request information and it is a service that we cannot provide, or if it is not a good fit for you, you agree to allow us to find someone else who can connect with you to provide that same information. Should you not wish for your information to be shared, you will indicate that in your inquiry request.
We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard the information you share with us from unauthorized access and disclosure. We also use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. Our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personally Identifiable Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic transmission or storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Site and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive such information. We assume no liability for any damages you may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of information during such transfers. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when communicating with us.
Links to Other Sites
Applicable Law. We comply with the privacy laws and regulations of the United States of America and makes no representation that this Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations, or that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.